UTA announced in a press release earlier this month that it would implement the changes starting Sunday, April 7.
There won’t be any changes to the FrontRunner schedule or Flex route services, but there will be changes made to the S-line and multiple bus routes in Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Box Elder, Utah and Summit counties.
The changes are meant to improve reliability and safety along the routes. There are quite a few adjustments. Here are some of the important ones:
- Route 470, Ogden-Salt Lake intercity, will now provide Saturday and Sunday service to Lagoon drive for those who want a convenient way to spend their weekends at Lagoon this spring and summer.
- Route 603, which runs between Mckay-Dee Hospital and the Ogden FrontRunner station will be adjusted to improve connections and reliability with the FrontRunner.
- Route 627, which usually runs between Kaysville, Layton and Clearfield will no longer provide Saturday service to Davis Technical College.
- Route 628, the new Midtown Trolley that runs between Clearfield and Layton will now provide weekday and Saturday to the Intermountain Healthcare Layton Hospital.
- Route 630, which runs between Brigham City, Pleasant View and Ogden will now serve Capstone Classical Academy, a Pleasant View charter school, on select days and times.
- Route 645, which stops throughout downtown Ogden, will no longer make stops at the Dee Events Center to improve reliability.
- If you commute on public transit in Salt Lake County, routes 3, 21, 45, 217 and 248 will see adjustments to their schedules.
- Route 901 (PC-SLC Connect) will be discontinued due to the end of seasonal service.
- Route 902 (PC-LC Connect) seasonal weekend service will be discontinued
- Route 953 has been discontinued, with the exception of one morning and one afternoon off-season trip.
- Routes 972 and 994 will also be ending, with Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird and Alta ski service finalizes for the season.
- The S-line weekday service will be increased to 15 minutes.
If you commute in Utah County, the Utah Valley Express bus rapid transit line will see improvements to operations with dedicated lanes and will serve all center stations.
For detailed information on all the changes being made click here.